I Hit the Mother Lode of Coffee Cups!


I was out thrifting yesterday and I always try to bring back a new cup for my morning coffee when I thrift but yesterday I couldn't stop at one! 

This beauty from Lenox China has a completely different butterfly
on the other side and a blue flower.  I chose it for my 
birthday cup of morning coffee this morning!  

It sips like a dream, the cup is thin and delicate.  I was afraid the scallops would be awkward but you would never know when sipping!  Even on eBay it sells it's priced anywhere from $22 to $7.00

All the cups are even prettier in person than shown. 



Now this one is a great cup, with a flared top that leans out.  It holds the most coffee and the retro styling is a favorite of mine.  I always love this 30's look.  


This one has the beautiful pattern, gorgeous border that extends to the handle.  
Inside the cup is the Pawpaw blossom!  I love that.
Again it's a beautiful porcelain cup of the highest quality.  




I just purchased a book of postcards that includes this beautiful fairy! 
The cup is from Queen and it is the fabulous thin, delicate porcelain.  It also has the decorated handle, blossom inside the cup and 
the beautiful fairy on the  outside.




This one had the most vivid butterflies all around the cup and I just couldn't 
leave it.  It is a little heavier china, but not too thick. and has the curved rim and 
nice handle.  It's probably the least expensive all all the cups originally but will be a joy to drink from.  



Three of the cups were priced at $4.99, a shockingly high price for a thrift store but a bargain when you think of what you would pay retail.

Each cup was only FIFTY CENTS yesterday!  

More about my thrifting tomorrow!  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love love the first cup and the one with the blue fairy:) Also saw your post below, such beautiful flowers in Florida!
Just thought, now you know how to get to my blog (just click on my comment), you can show one of your flowers below for the meme SEASONS
started 2 1/2 months ago. Any experience during the SEASON is a great choice!

I'll walk you through it, if you have questions, just ask me.
Click on the red typed "Click here" on the bottom of the post.
A new page opens up. On the first line goes your blog address (4jeanniemaries(dot) etc.) and the rest of the info. Choose "From Web" or "from file" to choose your photo.
A new page opens up, and click on the photo.
Voila, you're done! You can do it!
The photo link is open from Sunday through Wednesday till 7 pm, Pacific time. So, there's still enough time. Let me know if you have questions, and hope to see you there, with one of your beautiful blooms or cups (whatever you choose).
Have a beautiful week!
I love the fairy tea cup too! Makes me want to go thrifting and look for a new coffee cup! You really did great! Hope you're having a good week. It's gotten hot already but it's beautiful, isn't it? Hugs, Diane
Ida said…
What a great bunch of coffee mugs you found. I really like the one with the pretty yellow flowers.
Shilpa said…
Looks excellent
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Popular posts from this blog

Future Non Scary Trunk or Treat Ideas

Disney World's Polynesian Resort Hotel

James' Summer Plans